1. What is the business purpose of an ERP system?
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. The role of an ERP system is to integrate all your different systems into one central location; to streamline business processes and data across the entire organisation.
For instance, if you were to look at your own business, you will be able to identify your current processes for example; inventory, procurement, order management, stock levels etc as well as how they affect the organisation. An efficient ERP solution enables your processes to seamlessly communicate with one another. Also, employees across various departments can access and rely on the same information for their specific needs.
2. What is the real business value of ERP?
ERP helps the organisation operate more efficiently by integrating and automising your business processes and helps you to improve your profitability. More specifically, an Epicor ERP solution:
- Enables your business leaders to proactively identify and respond to challenges, discover opportunities, and make faster decisions that impact different areas of the businesses.
- Provides real-time data enabling your company to address queries proactively and drive improvements.
- Improves financial compliance with regulatory standards and reduces risk.
- Automates core business operations such as order-to-fulfillment and procure-to-pay processes.
- Enhances customer service by providing one source for invoicing and relationship tracking via Customer Relationship Management tools.
3. Which industries do Clear Business Outcome supply to?
We help manufacturing, engineering and distribution businesses streamline their processes through Epicor ERP.
Is your company operating in any of the above industries … Get in Touch
4. How much does an ERP system cost?
There are two elements to pricing – the cost of your licencing and the cost to implement the solution. Epicor is a modular system so the cost is dependent on which modules and user licences you need. The implementation cost is dependent on many factors including the number of modules you have, number of users, number of sites and the quality of your current data and processes.
5. What are the different deployment types for ERP?
There are two primary types of deployments for ERP solutions available to businesses today: Cloud-Based and On-Premises.
- On-Premises ERP – This is when the server is located at your site and is paid in full. Large businesses may actually find it more cost-effective over the lifespan of the software to purchase the licenses. This all depends on the size of your business, whether you have the infrastructure to support on-premise, and what you’ll save over the period of use of the software.
- Cloud ERP software –Looks and works the same as traditional ERP. The only difference is how it is deployed. With cloud ERP, instead of hosting your servers and storage hardware on-site, your ERP provider hosts this for you. To access your ERP system, you simply sign in to a website hosted online (in the cloud). In addition, this deployment option requires less cash up front which be might be a good choice for smaller businesses.
Wondering which option is right for your business? Contact one of our Epicor experts today.
6. How long does it take to implement an ERP solution?
There is no typical time frame as every business is different. We have had customers that have been able to go live within a couple of months, others can take a couple of years to fully implement.
7. Does adopting a new ERP system mean we will have to change our current business processes?
Not necessarily. The early stage of a project includes a business process analysis, to ensure we have a good understanding of how Epicor will need to function within your organisation. During this process, we draw from the experience we have working with other manufacturing, engineering and distribution organisations and make recommendations on any processes that could be more efficient – but it’s up to you what new processes you adopt if any.
8. Why would we choose CBO over other providers?
Selecting the right software for your business is only half the battle. The success of your project is having the right implementation and that requires you to work with the team that has the right knowledge and experience not only in your sector but has vast experience of the ERP solution they’re selling.
Why choose CBO?
- We have 250 years of combined Epicor experience.
We are the Epicor people through and through. CBO was founded in 2010 by Damien Sullivan who was a former Vice President for Epicor Consultancy in Europe, Middle East and Africa. CBO has now formed a strong team of over 25 consultants with a staggering 250 years combined experience as well as harbour a genuine passion for Epicor ERP projects.
Read more about our team.
- We adopt a modular approach
Epicor ERP has the capacity to suit different aspects of your business right from supply chain management to sales & customer service and finance. Furthermore, we adopt a modular approach, so you can plug in modules to support your business functions in a way that suits you.
- We create solutions bespoke to your business
We won’t change your processes for the sake of change, we want to help you streamline processes, reduce costs, and will work with you every step of the way to make this happen. Our 6-step methodology process has been designed specifically to offer faster implementation and a lower total cost of ownership.
Read more about our approach.
9. I had a bad experience with a previous company and the software didn’t work how we were told it would– how can I ensure this doesn’t happen with this project?
In fact, we do get a lot of recovery projects. We pride ourselves on being hands-on and will work with you to get your project back on track, by helping to iron out inefficiencies and identify opportunities for automation and streamline. We also have a dedicated support team who have dealt with hundreds of different implementations in a wide range of industries, in various scenarios and can answer your questions as well as provide dedicated support to your business.
Read more here about troubleshooting.
10. We have a tight budget to work within, how can we ensure that we keep within this and reduce our business risk?
An ERP implementation project is often a significant investment for a business. The scale and level of that investment will obviously vary from business to business, depending on your size, the scope of the project, and how much you need to customise the system to meet your needs. It’s crucial, right from the beginning of the project, that you must do your homework including:
- Clear objectives – Setting out clear objectives to avoid project scope creep.
- Project leader – Appoint a strong project leader who can make decisions and think objectively.
- Size of your business – Consider the size of your business and what type of licensing is right for you.
- Total Cost of Ownership – Consider the fixed costs including; licensing, support costs, potential upgrades, number of users etc
- Hidden costs – Consider hidden costs that could potentially drain your money, time and resources.
- Timings – Consider project timings as well as how will the ERP system be implemented across various business functions i.e. big bang or phased approach.
Read more about how to set an ERP budget
11. What are the core modules of Epicor ERP?
Once a company has decided to work with us, they must firstly purchase both finance and operations modules. As mentioned earlier, CBO adopts a modular approach, so you can plug in other modules and upgrades to support your business functions in a way that suits you.
Click here to discover more about Epicor ERP software.
12. Is Epicor ERP software just for big companies?
A strong ERP system like Epicor is flexible to accommodate any sized company and offer a wide range of tools and features that can help them you streamline business processes and meet your business and growth goals. We supply customers that have only a handful of staff right up to international corporations.
13. What server is used with Epicor ERP?
Epicor ERP is used on OS: Windows® Server 2016 Standard Edition (10.1. 500.9 and above) as well as SQL Server® 2017 Standard Edition (10.2.200 and above).
14. Is it possible to install Epicor ERP ourselves?
Whilst it is possible for you to install Epicor ERP yourselves, we would recommend that you recruit an ERP Implementation Consultant directly to do this or look to engage with an external provider like CBO. Which approach you chose will depend on what will bring the best benefits to your business, as well as personal preference.
Read more on ERP Implementation Consultants – recruit or outsource.
15. Are upgrades possible?
Yes, they are. We can help you make sure your upgrade is done for the right reasons and brings real benefits to your business.
16. Is customisation possible?
Epicor ERP is a solution that caters to your company’s specific business needs by allowing you to make customisations as well as can be tweaked or altered after implementation.
17. What are your contact details?
In the first instance please contact our Business Development team by calling 0191 535 8215 or email [email protected]
Write a comment